Welcome to the
Mu Alpha Theta Page!
Sponsor: Ms.Juliana Lemes, room 758
2016-2017 Board Members:
Co-Presidents: Benjamin Burstein and Spencer Kawachika
Co-Vice Presidents: Nicole Goetz and Lea Tordjman
Secretary: Lucas Arrow
Treasurer: Christopher Ollikainen
Historian: Alejandra Gomez
We meet every first Wednesday of the month!
FIRST MEETING: SEPTEMBER 7th
SECOND MEETING: OCTOBER 5th
THIRD MEETING: NOVEMBER 2nd
FOURTH MEETING: DECEMBER 7TH
FIFTH MEETING: JANUARY 18TH
SIXTH MEETING : FEBRUARY 8TH
SEVENTH MEETING : MARCH 8TH
PI DAY MATH COMPETITION!!!
On Tue, 03/14, we will be hosting a math contest during
both lunches in front of the cafeteria.
Winners get a slice of pie!
Meeting of the Math Minds Challenge @ MDC Kendall
Ben Burstein,Spencer Kawachika, Matias Aranguiz, Jared Stein, Alex da Silva, Moises Coriat, Sucre Elias, and Jia Jun Bao
David Essner Math Competition @ UM
Nicole Goetz, Lucas Arrow, Ben Burstein, Spencer Kawachika, and Chris Ollikainen (not pictured)
Mu Alpha Theta is the Math Honor Society. Only Juniors and Seniors are permitted to join. We look forward to participating in as many competitions as possible this upcoming year. The club also provides tutoring; all members must complete 10 hours of tutoring by the end of the school year.
To join, fill out an application form, get two teachers to recommend you (at least one must be a math teacher), and print out your course history from the student portal. Turn in to Ms.Lemes in room 758.
- Please submit any t-shirt design ideas to Ms.Lemes or any of the board members.
- Member dues: Returning member : $10, New Member: $15 (to be paid during second meeting)
- Turn in Participation forms by Sept.22
- Member dues must be paid at upcoming meeting, Wednesday, 10/05!
- Buy your club t-shirt for $15 at the next meeting, 12/07!
- All members must complete 10 hours of tutoring by the end of the year. (Go to the library after school)
- Club Shirts are in! Make sure to come to the meeting on Jan. 18th to pick up your pre-ordered shirt.
- MU ALPHA THETA CLUB PICTURES ARE ON TUE 02/14! WEAR YOUR CLUB SHIRT!